Wednesday, November 7, 2007

This post isn't about 2.3

With the new season mere weeks out, its time to get serious about 2's and 3's. We're one good day from gladiator range on 2's, while there's still some work to do with 3v3. Recently, my good pals hordeside sewed up a 2,125 3v3 rating, an accomplishment for any RPer in BG9, made even greater by the difficulties facing Silver Hand horde.

I'm now spec-jumping between 2's and 3's, picking up Demonic Resilience to save the felpup when we run with a druid, dropping it for more affliction talents when running double dps 2v2. (Grrr... Must... not... talk about... 2.3...)

Valk's getting his grind on, and his shaman is now 65, so while 70 by season 3 might be a bit of a pipe dream, he shouldn't lose out on too much time once he's ready to be handed massive amounts of free points via our debuting 2345 5v5.

Zul'Aman is looming, and I might stir up the waters and recruit some raiders to bolster our numbers. I've got all the confidence in the world in my current raiders, but availability is the crux upon which all aborted raids turn, so over-slotting might not be a terrible idea once the 'OMFG ITS NEW' sheen is stripped from ZA. That being said, once our new-instance enthrallment with ZA has faded, who knows if the rewards will even be worth grinding through the gear-checks that may (and my sources tell me do) dominate the ZA experience.

Okay, moment of weakness: All I'm gonna say about 2.3 in this post is that I'm falling in love with my rogue all over again. This class is going to be freaking scary in season 3. I'm the worst rogue I know, and I've been tearing ass on PTR. If a scrub like me can tool up s2-geared arena-goers, I shudder to think how hard actually 'skilled' rogues are going to be once these buffs go live.

No comments: